The VISAA Executive Committee, with guidance from the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee, has approved the following regulations for winter sports.
- All regulations reflect a minimum standard and are consistent with our understanding of current applicable Virginia law.
- VISAA member schools have the right to implement additional safety guidelines when properly disclosed in the VISAA Game Day Contract.
- The VISAA Executive Committee reserves the right to modify these guidelines as deemed necessary at any time during the winter season.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all spectators, coaches, players not in the game or match, managers, event workers, statisticians, and media will be required to wear a mask at all times when indoors.
- VISAA member schools may choose to allow or prohibit spectators at events and this decision must be disclosed in the VISAA game day contract (linked here).
- It is strongly encouraged that all wrestlers be vaccinated for COVID-19. Any wrestler not vaccinated will have to be tested the week of the state tournament, at their expense, to participate in the tournament.